CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Day Project

Close up of Envelope Pillow........... Most of you know, I just moved a month ago to South Carolina, after living in Florida for 21 years.... Each time I move, I try and use items that mean alot to me. This round back corner chair has been with me for 23 yrs. ~I bought it in South Bend, Indiana from a picker (someone who goes to garage sales, estate sales and then resells to anitque dealers) when I owned my Antique Shoppe in the 80's~It was a mess!!! I've recovered it more times than I can remember. Last August I recovered it in this beautiful Fabricut fabric. I wasn't ready to cover it again, soI sat it in the corner of my dining room. It looked kind of lonely there after Christmas when I looked at again. I decided that I would make a custom pillow for it. All of you that know me, know that I always design all my own pillows ~but have never made a pillow in my life.~ Ahhhhh~ I had a fabulous woman in Sarasota who made all my cushions for me for years. Remembering I had lots of left over Strohiem and Roman Linen fabric from my dining chair seats and lots extra trims and tassels. I designed the envelope pillow and made it in just 2 1/2 hours, and I am very happy with it!! It's not perfect, but I love it!!! It just goes to show you, if you want to do something, no matter how hard it is, give it a try, it's a New Year after all!!! The Finished Product!!!!!

3 comments:

gina said...

Love the chair and the pillow. Nice job. I knew you had it in you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.